In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Secure Garden
- Private parking
- Lake view
Being only 400 yards from Lake Ullswater, midway between Howtown and Pooley Bridge this barn conversion has been furnished and equipped to a high standard retaining a number of original features including magnificent cruick beams, exposed stonework and wood doors.
Located midway between Howtown and Pooley Bridge, Swallows Barn is 400 yards from Ullswater lake shore, in a quieter area away from the tourist hot spots of the northern Lakes. Being at the foot of Barton Fell and High Street and surrounded by lakeland fells and views over the lake to Helvellyn and Martindale Fells it is ideal for exploring. The Ullswater Steamer will collect you from Howtown and ferry you across the lake to Glenridding where you can explore the western shores, meander back to Howtown following the shoreline and stop off at one of the many traditional pubs serving local food and ale providing welcome refreshment on route. The renowned Sharrow Bay Hotel is a 5 minute walk and provides the perfect setting for any special occasion.
Swallows Barn is a lovingly converted barn with an abundance of original features including exposed timber beams including magnificent cruick beams, solid wood doors and stonework. The barn is in a courtyard at Seat Farm which is 400 yards from the lake shore and opposite the Ullswater Yacht Club. With two bedrooms and bathrooms the cottage is ideal for two couples holidaying together and is furnished and equipped to an extremely high standard.
The property is ‘upside down style’, has under floor heating and radiators and comprises:
- Master double bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Double bedroom.
- Second sitting room with patio doors to the enclosed patio.
- Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- Steps up to the dining/kitchen with beams, electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- First floor: Lounge with TV, DVD player, CD radio, exposed cruick beams, electric stove and views to the lake.
- All electric and bed linen included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking for 1 car.
- Enclosed patio with garden furniture.
- Guests are welcome to use the facilities at Pooley Bridge Holiday Park with a shop, bar and restaurant
- Wi-Fi available.
There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.