In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Close to a beach
- Washing machine
This modern converted barn sleeps comfortably four people. Spacious and homely open plan living area with a beautiful large log burning stove. Situated next to an old mill, set within peaceful, unspoilt Northumbrian countryside close to the coast.
These three fantastic properties are situated beside the owners home of Coldgate Mill on the edge of the Northumbrian National Park. Coldgate Mill was originally a corn mill and dates back to the 17th Century. The cottages are set within 5 acres of private land. The immediate area is absolutely stunning, peaceful and extremely tranquil. From here you will have good access to many great days out for all the family including Alnwick Castle and Gardens, Chillingham Castle, the beautiful sandy beaches of the Northumbrian Coast, and you’re only an hours drive from Edinburgh and Newcastle. The grounds and gardens are uniquely idyllic, which include the mill stream that trickles through the gardens – you may be lucky enough to see the Red Squirrels which frequently visit the gardens. The two cottages can be let together for a large family stay enabling accommodation for up to 6 people.
The oil-fired centrally heated barn conversion is based all on the ground floor and comprises:
- Utility/boot room with drying and washing facilities.
- Open plan spacious living area including dining area and kitchen.
- Lounge area includes a beautiful wood burning stove and original beams, TV, DVD player, and a CD Midi Hi-Fi.
- Fully fitted kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, and fridge.
- Master bedroom with double bed and en suite bathroom with shower, hand basin and WC.
- Second bedroom has two single beds.
- Spacious extensive garden area with views over a paddock.
- Includes bed linen, electric, oil and a starter pack of logs.
- Parking available for numerous cars.
- Spacious gardens and outside areas to explore.
- Decked area with garden furniture.
- This cottage can be let with a one bed studio style cottage and a one bed bed first floor cottage both next door.
- Towels can be provided at an extra cost of £5 per person.
PLEASE NOTE Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.