In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Budget cottage
The Byre is a delightful cottage situated in a stunning location close to the Vale of Lorton, the historic market town of Cockermouth is close by. The cottage which sleeps 6 is perfect for a memorable family holiday in the western Lake District.
Wood Farm Cottages are nestled in the rural hamlet of Brandlingill in the western Lake District, close to one of Britain's most picturesque valleys the Lorton Vale. The historic market town of Cockermouth which is the birth place of William Wordsworth is only 4 miles away and boasts a castle, lovely parks, shops, visitor attractions and Jennings Brewery which is open all year round for tours. A scenic drive over Whinlatter Pass (the only mountain forest in England) will take you to the stunning market town of Keswick where you will find many speciality shops, cinema, galleries and much more. The harbour towns of Maryport and Whitehaven are twelve miles west and a little further afield is the Solway Firth. The lakes of Bassenthwaite, Buttermere, Crummock Water and Loweswater are all within a ten mile radius and there are walks of varying degrees of difficulty from the door or within a short drive.
Wood Farm dates back to the 17th century. In it's heyday it was one of the larger more prosperous farms in the area, no longer a working farm it now provides a country way of life for the owners and holidaymakers alike. The holiday cottages have been converted from a disused farm barn and now create two very spacious, delightful and comfortable self catering cottages which have been furnished and equipped to a high standard.
The cottage has oil fired central heating and comprises:
- Large entrance hallway with quarry tiled floor.
- Lounge with wood flooring, electric stove effect fire, TV, DVD player, Hi-Fi and video.
- Spacious kitchen/diner with electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- An oak staircase leads to the first floor landing.
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Twin bedroom
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, bed linen and towels included.
- Free Wi-Fi included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking.
- Storage for outdoor equipment or bikes.
- Shared garden with garden furniture and views
- The Byre can be booked along with Tithe Cottage next door to sleep a total of 12 people.
There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week.
1 dog are welcome at a cost of £20 per week.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.