In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Secure Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Budget cottage
A spacious three bedroomed barn conversion sleeping 5 situated in a rural setting with walking and cycling opportunities from the doorstep. You are very welcome to bring along your pet who will also appreciate the delightful walks.
The Granary, Ruthwaite is part of a tiny, former farming hamlet of the 1600’s, set in a most restful, tranquil, location among the Caldbeck hills yet only a 15 to 20 minute drive of the many amenities, tourist attractions and activities which the Lake District offers.
Converted from the barn of the old farmstead dated 1690, is owner maintained and provides comfortable, cosy, well equipped accommodation with an assured high standard of cleanliness. Guests describe it as ‘home from home’ as they return time after time to ‘their cottage’. The lounge looks onto a large enclosed south facing garden and pation and stunning views beyond the donkey paddock, over uninterrupted farmland to Skiddaw and the Uldale fells. Walks start at the cottage door and Bassenthwaite lake is 3 miles away, Overwater 1 mile and a number of pubs and tearooms are nearby.
The gas centrally heated accommodation comprises:
- Dining/kitchen with electric cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave and washing machine.
- Ground Floor single bedroom and shower room with WC and hand basin
- From the ground floor three step take you up to the lounge, TV, DVD and video,
- There are 2 sets of French doors taking you from the lounge onto the rear secluded south facing patio with views to Skiddaw.
- First floor double bedroom
- Twin bedroom with seating area and TV.
- Bathroom with bath, WC and hand basin.
- All gas, electric and bed linen included.
- Private parking for 1 car.
- Rear south facing patio and enclosed lawned area.
- Please note that due to the split level layout at this property and garden it may not be suitable for toddlers.
PLEASE NOTE 2 dogs welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
A warm welcome, beautiful scenery and lovely cottage. We have very much enjoyed our relaxing stay here and will miss waking up to such stunning views. That you Margaret for being so kind and helpful when a visit to the local GP was needed. Smokey and Dandy will be missed. Hopefully, we will be back again.
Back again at our little bit of paradise, The Granary seems as far away as it is possible to get from day to day life. Have had glorious weather, not ofter do we return home from the Lakes with sun tans. Walked some of our favourites, and some new ones. As usual we don't want to go home.
Dear Margaret, What a lovely time we have had at The Granary. The boys have had so much freedom, paying in the fields, building dents and just 'being boys'. The Granary is a lovely home from home and such a beautiful setting. Thank you for the lovely thoughtful gift of Easter Egss for the boys and packet of biscuits for me. If you'll have us again, we'll be back.