In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Close to a beach
- Wood burning stove
Part of a lovely nest of three cottages, The Hay Barn, is a luxurious cottage furnished to a high standard sleeping 4 people.
Located one mile from the picturesque village of Stoke Gabriel and three miles from the medieval town of Totnes. Stoke Gabriel is a former salmon-fishing village on the banks of the River Dart. The village boasts two pubs including the 13th Century Church House Inn with a choice of real ales and regular guest beers. There is also a waterside café/bistro The River Shack Cafe where you can enjoy watching the boats come and go, and relax and watch the children crabbing by the waterside. With Aish Cross making your pets welcome, this is the ideal area for you to walk with your dog. With the beaches of Torbay nearby, it is also an ideal base with Dittisham, Kingswear and Dartmouth just a short motor or sail down river, and close to what must be two of the most beautifully positioned pubs in the world The Maltsters at Tuckenhay, and The Ferry Boat Inn at Dittisham, both sitting on the River Dart with impressive views out over the water. The wonderful mild climate of the River Dart valley means it is a great place to enjoy all year round, perfect if you enjoy walking, fishing, bird watching, eating and drinking, golf, horse riding not forgetting canoeing, sailing and crabbing. The cottages have easy access to Torbay with its extensive amenities – and the beautiful South Hams beaches and Dartmoor are a relatively short drive away.
The lovely nest of three luxury cottages adjoin the main country house and have been converted to a very high standard and designed with comfort and quality in mind to provide you with a memorable holiday experience in the beautiful small hamlet of Aish, with views across the picturesque valley of the River Dart and the gentle rolling hills of the South Hams and Totnes. They are all individually styled and nestled in a tranquil setting, surrounded by farmland with an abundance of beautifully scented wild flowers throughout the year, providing the perfect place to relax and unwind.
Converted with lots of character and underfloor heating throughout downstairs. The oil central heated accommodation comprises:
- Open plan dining/lounge/kitchen.
- Lounge area with TV, DVD player, stereo with CD and wood burning stove.
- Dining/kitchen area with cooker, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and microwave.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with wall mounted TV with integral DVD player.
- Second double bedroom which can also be made up into twin beds (2ft 6).
- Bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, separate shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- All the cottages have oil, electric, logs, bed linen and towels included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Ample private parking.
- Hard wired internet access in each cottage.
- Orchard for the sole use of guests to enjoy with garden furniture, BBQ and children’s play equipment.
- Log store.
- Separate laundry room shared between the three cottages with washing machine and tumble dryer available to use after 1pm.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.