In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Balcony or Terrace
- Private parking
- Hot tub
- Washing machine
The Heronry is a modern yet romantic cottage overlooking Carwinley Beck with its own HOT TUB. Luxuriously appointed and equipped to cater for all your holiday needs. The cottage provides a welcoming ambience and is ideal for a romantic break away or when you are celebrating a special occasion with a loved one.
The Heronry is located in the hamlet of Netherby, 3 miles north of Longtown, in the Scottish Borders an area steeped in history. Within 10 miles is the world famous Gretna Green, Hadrian’s Wall and Carlisle with a wealth of shops, pubs and restaurants. There are walking and cycling opportunities from the door with country lanes and open undulating countryside alongside the Netherby Estate and Forestry.
The Heronry is located on the banks of Carwinley Beck in the courtyard of the owners Grade II listed mill house, in three and a half acres of grounds including mill pond, fish pond and stream with ducks, geese and numerous decked and sittings areas for relaxing. The Heronry has steps down to the beck with an abundance of bird life, that is illuminated in the evening. Lavishly furnished to cater for your every need, they provide an ideal base from which to enjoy a romantic getaway at any time of year.
Heronry Cottage is a detached single storey barn conversion, has under floor heating throughout and comprises:
- Spacious open plan lounge/dining area with freeview TV, DVD player, unique ‘Chevrolet’ breakfast bar, large picture windows with views over the beck which is regularly frequented by the visiting heron.
- Luxuriously appointed kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer and microwave.
- Double bedroom with super king size bed, freeview TV and DVD player, picture window overlooking the beck with woodland aspect and en-suite bathroom with the ‘Wow factor’, double Jacuzzi bath, double shower cubicle, hand basins and WC.
- All electric, bed linen, towels, dressing gowns and slippers included.
- Private parking by the entrance to the property.
- A welcome pack of bread, milk and wine on arrival.
- Please let us know at the time of booking if you are celebrating a special occasion.
- Patio area to the front with garden furniture and patio and seating area at the back of the cottage immediately looking over Carwinley Beck.
- The nearest pub and shop is 3 miles.
- Private Hot Tub, charges apply £75 for a short break and £100 per week.
PLEASE NOTE Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.