In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
The Old Chapel is a unique, luxurious cottage, ideal for a romantic 'get away' from it all break. Situated in a delightful area of the southern Lake District in an area of peace and tranquility surrounded by stunning lakeland fells and scenery, the cottage provides a base with everything you could dream of to make your stay truly memorable.
Spark Bridge is a hamlet located 4 miles south east of Coniston Water and 6 miles south west of Lake Windermere making it the perfect base from which to explore the south lakes. The area is a base for families looking for a fun packed holiday with Grizedale Forest with its tree top adventure and cycle paths within easy reach, Cartmel with its priory and regular horse races are within a short drive, as is the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway, where a steam train will take you trundling through stunning scenery to Lakeside where you can jump on a ferry to explore the towns surrounding Lake Windermere or visit the aquarium. The Victorian seaside resort of Grange over Sands is 20 miles away where you can enjoy ice creams on the promenade or admire the views across the estuary towards Morecambe.
As the name suggests, the stone built chapel dates back to the Victorian era and now converted to provide sumptuous accommodation for couples looking for a luxury base from which to enjoy the delights the area has to offer. Maintaining the original high beamed ceilings and leaded chapel windows the cottages oozes character everywhere you look with glass and gold fixtures complimenting the lavish furnishings to provide a contemporary finish with everything you need to make your stay truly relaxing.
The cottage has oil central heating and comprises:
- Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- Laundry room with washer/dryer.
- First floor: Open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area with comfy sofas set around the HD TV with freeview and cosy electric wood burning stove, iPod docking station, chandeliers hang from the beamed ceiling and Juliet balconies from the chapel windows letting in light and giving access to the stunning views beyond.
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric double oven and hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Mezzanine level with master double bedroom with king size bed and en-suite shower room with large shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking.
- Terraced garden, patio area and seating area with arbour and barbeque.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.