In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Open fire
This detached cottage sleeping 8 is the perfect choice for an extended family holiday with elderly relatives or those who have difficulty with stairs who will appreciate the ground floor bedroom and bathroom. Centrally located in the village of Coniston, with garden for relaxing in the summer and cosy open fire for snuggling in front of in the winter makes the Old Police House an ideal retreat at any time of year to explore the south Lakes and Morecambe Bay. Shops, restaurants, pubs and Coniston Water are all within a 5 minute level walk.
Nestled at the foot of The Old Man of Coniston the village has a wealth of amenities including shops, restaurants and pubs serving delicious bar meals and local ale. Coniston is ideally based to explore the south Lakes with Lake Windermere and Morecambe Bay both within a short drive. Coniston Water is home to the Steam Yacht Gondola and the Coniston Launch both of which stop at Brantwood where John Ruskin lived, you can also admire the scenery which was the inspiration behind Arthur Ransome’s book Swallows and Amazons.
The Old Police House is centrally located in the village being just off the main thoroughfare and within a 5 minute walk of Coniston Water. The contemporary accommodation is perfect for 2 families holidaying together or for those who wish to bring elderly relatives who may struggle with stairs who will appreciate the ground floor bedroom and en-suite bathroom. The cottage has everything you need to make your stay memorable and the cosy open fire is the focal point in chillier months with the garden hosting al fresco dining and relaxed evenings during the summer.
The cottage is centrally heated and comprises:
- Two reception rooms both with Lakeland stone fireplace one with open fire and electric fire in the other, TV and DVD player.
- Dining room with door leading to the garden. Kitchen with gas hob and oven, dishwasher, American style fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Two double bedrooms.
- Double bedroom with ¾ size bed.
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and initial supply of logs provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Garage and private parking for 2 cars.
- Lawned garden with garden furniture and lockable store for bikes.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.