In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Hot tub
- Wood burning stove
The Snug is a bespoke shepherd’s hut, providing unique accommodation that has everything you would need and more, creating a luxurious romantic retreat, allowing you to get away from it all and relax. Whether you want to soak in the hot tub which over looks Carwinley Beck or use The Snug as a base from which to explore the surrounding area, it is sure to be an unforgettable romantic getaway.
Longtown is on the English/Scottish border in an area steeped in history, 6 miles from the world famous Gretna Green, 10 miles from Carlisle, close to Hadrian's Wall and the Lake District. There are many walking and cycling routes on the doorstep, through lanes and open countryside and alongside the river Esk famous for its salmon fishing.
The Snug provides luxurious accommodation for those seeking something different. Enjoy the tranquil setting at this romantic retreat with your loved one whilst taking in the views over nearby countryside and fells. The Snug is bespoke and furnished to a very high standard creating a stylish warm and cosy atmosphere. Set in 3½ acres of grounds which include a stream and mill pond, landscaping ensures privacy for guests. The dark skies are perfect for stargazing.
The Snug contains
- Open plan living area with wood burning stove and underfloor heating
- Kitchen area with silent fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, portable induction hob, Belfast sink with oak cover and open shelving.
- Fitted double bed with storage drawers, recessed TV with built in DVD player in bedroom area.
- Wet room with shower, WC and wash basin.
- Wooden window shutters and stable door.
- The outside area includes a private screened area running alongside Carwinley Beck, hot tub, seating area, fire pit (toasting forks and marshmallows are provided) and outdoor shower.
- Guests have full access to the grounds and use of the tree house.
- Parking area available.
- All electric, gas, towels and bedding are provided.
- Hot tub available for a supplement.
- Complimentary tea/coffee/sugar/milk/fresh bread, one box of eco logs are provided, extra logs can be purchased on site
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £25 per night for the hire of the hot tub. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.