In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
This traditional and characterful farmhouse provides the ultimate accommodation for a group of friends or family. Town End Farmhouse would be the perfect Cumbria cottage to stay any time of the year with wood burning stove for the winter evenings, gardens and countryside views to enjoy a glass of wine on a summers evening.
Finsthwaite is a peaceful, small village located only a few minutes’ drive from the shores of Lake Windermere and the A590 at Newby Bridge making it a convenient location for the attractions of the Lake District. There are a wide range of Lake District activities close at hand including Hatherthwaite Steam Railway, Aquarium of the Lakes and Windermere steamers.The Swan Inn and Lakeside Hotel which are also close by in Newby Bridge provide restaurants and leisure facilities with swimming pool and spa.
Town End Farmhouse is a 17th century, detached farmhouse, maintaining many original features such as oak beamed ceiling and Inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove and provides fantastic accommodation for a family or group of friends. This traditional cottage is set in a peaceful location with walks from the door, has views of the picturesque countryside to enjoy and is within a short walk from Newby Bridge, where you can visit The Swan Inn and enjoy a real ale with locally produced meals. South Lakes are easily accessible and within a short drive.
The cottage is oil centrally heated and comprises:
- Lounge with Inglenook fireplace housing the wood burning stove, three two seater sofas and two bean bag seats.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher and breakfast bar with three stools.
- Dining room with two seater sofa, dining table and French doors to garden.
- First floor:
- Master double bedroom with king size bed and window overlooking countryside.
- Double bedroom with window overlooking countryside.
- Two twin bedrooms.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Utility with washing machine and fridge.
- Outside storage space and lawned rear garden with views over the countryside, raised terraced patio with two tables with seating for eight and garden bench.
- Private parking for 2/3 cars.
- Covered bike store.
- All electric, oil, initial supply of logs, bed linen and towels are provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Wi-Fi available.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week.
Cancellation Protection available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.