In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
A fresh modern and contemporary dorma bungalow in a quiet village location backing onto the slopes of Whinlatter Forest. Vermont sleeps six and is an ideal base for families or groups to explore the Lakes.
The property sits in an elevated position in the centre of the village of Thornthwaite within a few yards of Thornthwaite Galleries and Tea Shop and benefits from superb views to nearby Skiddaw and Latrigg and the fells towering above Keswick.
Thornthwaite is located two miles west of Keswick just off the Keswick to Cockermouth road within a mile of the southern tip of Bassenthwaite. Additional facilities are available in the neighbouring villages of Portinscale and Braithwaite.
The cottage backs onto the slopes of Whinlatter Forest and offers woodland walks, mountain biking and the recently opened “Go Ape” in Whinlatter Forest is close at hand.
The dormer bungalow is furnished in contemporary style with the advantage of 2 ground floor bedrooms and sitting room with the master bedroom being on the first floor to appreciate the superb views to Skiddaw and Latrigg.
The centrally heated accommodation comprises:
- Open plan living area with polished wood floor, spotlights, picture window with superb views to Skiddaw and Latrigg, TV, DVD player and dining area.
- Kitchen equipped with electric oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom with views to Skiddaw and Latrigg.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- First Floor: The landing has additional seating, an ideal place to enjoy the peace and quiet.
- Sitting room with superb panoramic views to Skiddaw, Latrigg and the fells towering above Keswick, plasma TV and CD player.
- Master double bedroom suite with seating area, views to Skiddaw and Latrigg and en-suite shower room with WC and hand basin.
- All gas, electric and bed linen included. Towels are not provided.
- Cot available.
- Garage with washing machine and tumble dryer (please note the tumble dryer has a coin meter).
- Private parking for three cars.
- Screened patio with views to Skiddaw.
- Wi-Fi available.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week.
2 dogs welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.