In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Secure Garden
- Private parking
- Wood burning stove
West Feal Cottage is all on ground floor and provides spacious contemporary accommodation with wood burning stove and 3 double bedrooms which can convert to twin beds and a childrens bunk bedroom. Surrounded by stunning Scottish scenery and close to Loch Leven, Perth and Edinburgh makes this an ideal base from which to explore this area.
West Feal Cottage sits on the southern slope of Bishop Hill in the Lomond Hills Regional Park. Situated on a working sheep farm within a stunning location this retreat offers a peaceful break with breathtaking views of the Lomond Hills to the north and the river Forth to the south. Ideally based for day trips to Perth and Edinburgh, or to the pretty villages and beaches along the Fife coast. There are several farm shops worth visiting for local produce to make meals in the well equipped kitchen and there are plenty of pubs and restaurants to choose from if you prefer eating out. You can enjoy hill walking straight from your doorstep. The cottage is close to Loch Leven which is Scotland’s largest lowland loch, a National Nature Reserve and the RSPB have a reserve there at Vane Farm where you can watch the thousands of pink-footed geese that visit each winter. There is a variety of game in the area so hunting parties can be catered for depending on the season. West Feal is also a great base for golfers with several Clubs to choose from including the famous courses of Gleneagles and the Old Course at St Andrews within easy reach. For the more adventurous, gliding is available close by at the renowned Portmoak Gliding Club or just watch the gliders from the cottage soaring over Bishop Hill, trial flights can be arranged with the cottage owner.
The cottage offers spacious accommodation on one level, is oil centrally heated and comprises:
- Large kitchen/dining/living area with log burner and separate lounge to relax in.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge and microwave.
- Double bedroom with king size bed.
- Two twin bedrooms with zip linked beds, which can be converted to double beds upon request, (please advise at the time of booking)
- Children's room with child size bunk beds.
- One of the twin bedrooms has an en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- There is a large family bathroom with hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, initial supply of logs, bed linen and towels provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking.
- Outside there is an enclosed garden with seating area and BBQ.
- A welcome pack of bacon, eggs, bread, milk and jam on arrival is provided.
PLEASE NOTE There is no Wi-Fi at this cottage, guests requiring this must bring their own dongle, Wi-Fi unit or use their mobile phone as a data hotspot. There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 1 dog is welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.