In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Hot tub
- New cottage
- Washing machine
Westmains Farm is ideally located for a peaceful, relaxing holiday at any time of year. Newly renovated in contemporary style and with its own Hot Tub, the cottage will appeal to families looking to explore north Cumbria including the northern Lake District, Scottish Borders and Hadrian's Wall.
Westmains Farm is located 15 miles north of Carlisle on the border between England and Scotland and is an ideal base from which to explore the Scottish Borders, Hadrian’s Wall and the Lake District, Lake Ullswater is under an hours drive away. Theproperty is situated in the Liddel Valley adjacent to Kershope Forest part of the huge Border Forest park and provides a back drop to scenic walks and the quiet country roads are forestry paths are perfect for enjoying by bike.
The local Bridge Inn at Penton provides delicious food and a warm Cumbrian welcome after a day exploring or fishing. Alternatively the Scottish village of Newcastleton, some 5 miles away, provides more places to eat and drink in the local area.
The former farmhouse has a most picturesque setting overlooking the Liddel Valley on the English side of the border some 30 minutes drive north east of Carlisle. The newly refurbished, contemporary style ‘shooting lodge’ sits in an idyllic, rural, location with woodland aspect and the benefit of three quarters of a mile of salmon and sea trout fishing on the River Liddel with an additional three named pools.
The oil centrally heated accommodation comprises:
- Open plan dining/lounge with contemporary style furnishings, feature fireplace housing wood burning stove, electric wall mounted fire, a selection of DVD's, books and children's games and superb views over the valley to the forest in the distance.
- The lounge opens out onto a breakfast kitchen with double oven, dishwasher, American style fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Conservatory with loungers overlooking the rear garden.
- Utility with washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Superb master bedroom with super king size bed and TV.
- Twin bedroom with TV.
- Child's single bedroom.
- Spacious well appointed family bathroom comprising walk-in shower with rain fall shower, free standing bath, hand basin, WC and TV.
- All oil, electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Ample private parking.
- The property is approached over a shared driveway to the neighbouring cottage with an attractive stone walled garden to the front and rear with garden furniture, BBQ and HOT TUB, and access to the adjoining fields leading to the forestry beyond.
- 2 person Hot Tub at a supplement available.
- Guests have access to three quarters of a mile of salmon and sea trout fishing in the River Liddel, a main tributary of the River Esk and has three main pools – Rutty Pool, Sandy Pool and Fowl Nest Pool. An abundance of salmon may be expected, with September and October usually offering the best fishing, however the river is particularly noted for sea trout fishing during the summer months.
PLEASE NOTE The hot tub is available at a supplement of £100 per week.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.