Ullswater, Cumbria & Lake District
Property Ref: 46530
In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Leisure club facilities
- Pub within walking distance
- Leisure club facilities
Whitbarrow is a delightful holiday village with fantastic leisure facilities, including swimming pool and sauna. Troutbeck is a three bedroomed cottage which can sleep upto 8 people. An ideal base from which to simply relax or for the more energetic to explore the Lake District.
Situated in the foothills of Blencathra Fell, close to Greystoke, Whitbarrow Village provides a friendly family ambiance, combined with quality accommodation. The resort was originally converted from an 18th century Cumbrian Farm known as Whitbarrow Hall and now has everything to entertain the whole family throughout your stay. The outstanding leisure centre features a friendly bar and a la carte restaurant plus downstairs you will find a heated indoor swimming pool, spa bath, sauna and Holistic Therapy treatment centre, fully equipped gym and table tennis. Within the village you will also find a 18 hole crazy golf course, 9 hole putting green, giant outdoor draughts/chess board, children's adventure play area, mini football area and laundry room.
This popular holiday village is only minutes drive from Ullswater, one of the Lake Districts most romantic lakes. Situated just 4 miles from Greystoke with its own traditional pub and village shop. The historic town of Penrith is 10 minutes away, Lake Windermere is less than half an hours drive.
Winding between the stone farm buildings you will find cobbled streets, overlooked by the clock tower, paths leading to flower filled courtyards and lawned areas. The reception provides DVD rental, tourist information service and an internet station. In all Whitbarrow Village provides everything to make your stay a memorable one no matter what time of year you holiday.
The accommodation is a modern ‘upside down' style cottage is gas centrally heated and comprises:
- Ground floor Master double bedroom with en-suite shower room with WC.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bunk bedroom.
- Bathroom with hand held shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- First floor Lounge with sofa bed, TV, video, DVD player, hi-fi and telephone .
- Kitchen fully equipped with oven and hob, microwave, fridge and dishwasher.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels provided
- Cot and high chair included.
- Ample parking.
- Complimentary on-site leisure facilities
- PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.