In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
Whitlow Farmhouse is a substantial home away from home ideal for large groups or 2 or 3 families holidaying together. Surrounded by open countryside with walking from the door and on the border of Cumbria and Northumberland makes the location perfect for exploring both counties.
Alston is the highest market town in England and 5 miles from the former mining village of Nenthead. Just over a half hour drive is Penrith and nearby Ullswater the northern most lake. Hexham with its market town and abbey and of course Hadrian’s Wall are all easily accessible. Alston can be reached from Penrith, following the A686, listed as one of the “AA’s 10 best drives in the world”, alternatively from the north and the east travel alongside Hadrian’s Wall and drive through Alston, used to film Oliver Twist with Julie Walters and Michael Kitchen, and admire the cobbled streets and local shops. From the east you will drive through the old mining villages passing Killhope, a former lead mine that does underground tours, this is indeed an area of not only outstanding natural beauty but is steeped in history.
Whitlow Farmhouse is a former detached farmhouse located 3 miles west of Alston and is within a five minute walk from Epiacum Roman Fort. Furnished and equipped to a high standard the house is sure to appeal to groups looking for a base to catch up and recharge their batteries or 2 or 3 families holidaying together. The River Tyne is 2.5 miles and the owners can arrange fishing for a small charge on the stretch between Alston and Knarsdale.
The farmhouse is oil centrally heated and comprises:
- Sitting room with Sky+, TV and DVD player.
- Open plan dining room/kitchen with gas range cooker, fridge, freezer, microwave, dining table for 4 people and dining room with seating for 8 people.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer leading to a shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Double bedroom.
- Two family bedrooms with double and single bed.
- Twin bedroom.
- Single bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, bed linen and towels included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Ample private parking.
- Large garden with garden furniture.
- Fishing available at £12 for 1 rod or £20 for 2.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.