Ullswater, Cumbria & Lake District
Property Ref: 21545
In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Lake view
Situated above Pooley Bridge Holiday Park at the foot of Barton fell, Woodside Cottage sleeps four and has a balcony to enjoy the wonderful views over Lake Ullswater.
The most romantic lake in the Lake District is host to Pooley Bridge Holiday Park, located on the banks of Lake Ullswater, the park offers relaxed and friendly holiday accommodation comprising of static and touring caravans, lodges and cottages. The family run park caters for families and couples and provides for all your holiday entertainment without having to use your car. The facilities include a shop, lake access with boat launching direct from the park, two children's playgrounds, tennis court, table tennis, pool tables, amusements, pony trekking to Barton Fell and mountain bike hire. During the summer season entertainment is laid on with children's discos, live entertainment, licensed bar and beer garden, during the summer school holidays a children's club is operated and there is a restaurant with take away service available. The close proximity of the Lake gives holidaymakers the opportunity to try a variety of watersports including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, boat hire and fishing. Free lake access for residents of Park Foot and Blanton House.
For those who want to venture further a field, Pooley Bridge is only 1 mile away with a traditional village inn, cafe and shops. The surrounding area is home to numerous quaint Lakeland villages scattered along the shores of Lake Ullswater and Aira Force is a dramatic waterfall cascading into the lake below. Sharrow Bay Hotel is only a short drive away for the ultimate in dining and is renowned the world over or a trip over Kirkstone Pass brings you into Ambleside where there is an abundance of shops, pubs and restaurants. The historic market town of Penrith is within 5 miles and has numerous shops, a heated indoor swimming pool, golf course and driving range.
In all Pooley Bridge Holiday Park is perfectly located to take advantage of the Lake District, tucked away from the hustle and bustle in a safe and friendly environment for the children but with bars, restaurants, sightseeing, fell walking, boat rides and much more on your doorstep.
This terrace of 5 2 bedroom cottages are situated above the park and at the foot of Barton Fell with magnificent views towards Lake Ullswater. There are walking opportunities from the door and the facilities of the park are all close by.
The cottages are heated by electric storage heaters in the lounge and bedrooms and comprises:
- Lounge with TV, video, DVD player, electric log burning stove, sofa bed and dining furniture.
- Kitchen with electric cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher.
- First floor: Double bedroom with hand basin.
- Twin bedroom with patio doors to balcony with views to Lake Ullswater.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Outside there is garden furniture per property and a shared barbeque.
- This property is located in Pooley Bridge Holiday Park and have use of the facilities included.
- All gas, electric and bed linen included.
- Cot and high chair are available.
- Ample private parking and plenty of space for a boat.
- ??PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.