Keswick, Cumbria & The Lake District
Show more (5)
- “Complete Package”
- “The Booking service was excellent and we were very pleased with the accomodation. it had everything we required,
it was close to the town centre, but still in a quiet area,within walking distance of the shops, entertainment, swimming pool and the beauty of the Lake
It was clean comfortable, car parking on site, in fact we could not have chosen better
What we liked best was not having to use the car, there were excellent walks from Moot Hall
Liked least- Not long enough should have booked a fortnight”
- “Ideal accommodation,parking and location for two people”
- “This accommodation is ideally suited for two people,situated in a very quiet location with allocated car parking outside the apartment and about a 5 minute walk into the town.It is very clean with everything needed to make self-catering easy.If I had to change anything I would replace the two settees with easy chairs with higher backs.”
- “Ideal location for Keswick town centre with dedicated off road p”
- “Large enough for two people, ample heating & hot water.
On the down side only 2 pans for cooking both of which were left dirty by the previous occupiers.
The non stick frying pan was unusable due to the non stick coating flaking off.
However there is plenty of crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils etc for normal day to day use.
Did not like the fact that the fitted fire detectors were covered in plastic bags. A notice said they could be activated by steam from the shower or if the rooms were too hot. This could pose a safety issue which I believe requires solving.
Additional smoke alarms have been fitted.
Would consider using again if the above were rectified.”
- “We liked the property very much, it was convenient for the town and all transport etc. There were a few things that could be improved. On one day we decided to use the toaster, and when we moved it, there must have been almost a whole loafs' worth of crumbs underneath, and the crumb trays were also full, not very nice! Also, not being able to get in to the property until 3pm is very late in our opinion, we have stayed elsewhere and been able to obtain access by 1pm. Finally, the bathroom floor did not appear very clean and the extraction is not very good”
- “A well equipped apartment with private parking in a central loca”
- “The apartment was spotlessly clean and very well equipped for two people. The location was central and it is a bonus to be able to park the car adjacent to the apartment. The service from Lakeland Cottage Holidays was efficient and the staff friendly.”
- “Keswick is a great place, have stayed there many times and will continue to do so. Chaucer Lodge had no welcoming feeling, though the lounge/kitchen area were ok the rest was DARK and DATED. The front and seating could do with weeding including the pots.”
Off road parking
Ground floor accommodation
Ground floor bedroom
Pub/shop < 1 mile
Chaucer Lodge is a comfortable ground floor apartment, ideal for the less mobile. The centre of Keswick is only a stones throw away and with private parking directly outside it is ideal for those who wish to explore this popular town on foot.
Chaucer Lodge is a purpose built block of four, one bedroom apartments, centrally located in the heart of Keswick. Situated on the ground floor makes this apartment ideal for those who have difficulty with stairs and with all of the amenities of Keswick within easy walking distance this apartment is sure to appeal to couples looking for a central base to enjoy all of the facilities without having to move the car from their own private parking space. Derwentwater, the Theatre by the Lake, shops, pubs, cinema and swimming pool are all within an easy walk and the scenic Borrowdale Valley is only minutes away by car or bus.
The apartment is gas centrally heated, furnished to a high standard and comprises:
Open plan lounge/kitchen/diner with TV with integral dvd and electric fire.
Kitchen area with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
This property is not suitable for under 12
All gas, electric and bed linen included.
No towels provided at this property.
Private parking for 1 car.
Ground floor: One bedroom: 1 x ground floor double bedroom with double bed. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over bath, basin and WC. Ground floor open plan kitchen with sitting room and dining area.
Gas central heating
Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV with integral dvd
Fuel and power inc. in rent
Bed linen inc. in the rent
No towels provided
No smoking. Shops, restaurants, pubs 5 mins walk
Note: Maximum 2 people. Not suitable for under 12's.
Bassenthwaite 7 miles, Ullswater 20 minutes. Cockermouth 13 miles. The popular town of Keswick is the holiday centre of the North of the Lake District and has plenty to offer the visitor at any time of year. The town boasts numerous shops and restaurants to suit all tastes, as well as offering miniature golf, excellent parks, the famous Theatre by the Lake, a charming cinema, the Pencil Museum, a climbing wall, fishing and great mountain biking opportunities, whilst the beautiful lake of Derwentwater at the head of the stunning Borrowdale Valley is only a few minutes walk from the town centre. Nearby, between Braithwaite and Buttermere is the beautiful Newlands Valley, while picturesque Bassenthwaite Lake is well worth a visit. From a gentle countryside ramble to a challenging hike up Skiddaw or the famous Catbells, there really is something for everyone. Visit Castlerigg Stone Circle, the Jennings Brewery and Mirehouse, a grand house and gardens on the shores of the Bassenthwaite Lake, or take a fabulous boat trip around Derwentwater. With plenty of attractions for the kids, lovely parks and the nearby Lake District Wildlife Park this is a great Lakeland destination whatever the time of year.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute