Keswick, Cumbria & The Lake District
Show more (5)
- “It was a truly comfortable stay at the Hewetson Court, Keswick”
- “Excellent accommodation. Great location - just next to the Town Hall. Rooms were comfortable, well furnished. The best part was the kitchen - which we used, to warm up food and prepare breakfast. The beds were nice and soft!! The skylight in the master bedroom kept the room delightfully lit up even on a dull day. And there was good heating all through. The instructions to find the apartment key even at midnight was very helpful. Thanks for a very well-spent few days in Keswick - this is our fourth visit to Keswick but the first one to Hewetson Court. We will definitely stay here again, if we come back for another visit to Keswick. But Wifi would be useful - there is none!!!! In this day and age - that is a must!!! Apartments on the high floors do not have lift! Very uncomfortable to walk up and down every time you go out!”
- “Perfect base - especially in classic lakeland weather!”
- “My wife, two daughters (6yo and 18mths) and I enjoyed a lovely few nights in Keswick, based at Hewetson Court. The flats are right in the centre of town making it an ideal lacation to explore the town and surrounding countryside. We had three poor days of weather so it was perfect to be located centrally and still not need to use the car. The flat was well presented and furnished and we loved our stay.
No complaints whatsoever (aside from having to lug all our babies clobber up 2 flights of stairs - but she'll grow up soon enough!!)
Car parking space also invaluable, as it is not easy to find or cheap in Keswick.
A great stay - I am sure we will be back!”
- “Prefect location”
- “Prefect location . Just on the high street. However was surprisingly quite and peaceful . Parking was fantastic . The apartment was very clean and well stocked with lots of lovely little touches . Only down side was the noisy pipe work in the bathroom when using the bath or shower. There were instructions on how to turn the taps on slowly . There was clearly a knack to doing it but unfortunately we didn't master it during our stay . I would definitely stay again”
- “A perfect stay but subsequent disappointment”
- “We had a great family holiday at Latrigg, Keswick and have given very good review of this property immediately after we returned - on Tripadvisor. All of what I wrote was true, except that even after a month after we returned, and after two emails for asking them why the refundable deposit was not being returned, I received no response whatsoever. Then we called them and was told that Latrigg didn't have a deposit system. Apparently as Cottage Holiday had earlier changed our booking to Latrigg from a previous one which was given to us, now we don't have any deposit to get back!!! This was a total surprise - since we never received any revised invoice to say so before we went. So now we had to fork out a lot more money (since the deposit that we paid was apparently a part of the payment - according to them) - but the worst things are (1) no invoice was given earlier to warn us that we will be paying more, (2) we were never informed how much this alternative apartmnent costs - so we had no idea that we were actually paying a lot more than we thought, (3) no emails were sent to us to explain the whole thing to us - even after we emailed twice!! This sounds like either a very lazy management system or a ploy to take money by somehow adjusting the figures, if possible, since the money was deducted from our credit card without actually our consent of paying that much - we were not given any invoive for the revised amount!!! This thoroughly spoilt our very good earlier taste of the place!! I would like to think that this is solely bad management and lazy officers who handle such matters very poorly - but it does leave a bad impression! So finally not only did we not get the Gbp100 deposit back - but also had to fork out more for the apartment - all this was of course deducted from our credit card - without Invoice - can this be done legally?? I wonder!”
- “The perfect base for a walking trip in the Lakes”
- “My wife, 15 week old baby boy and I stayed here for 4 nights. We selected the apartment based on its location and facilities and we weren’t disappointed and had a great 4-5 days walking in some icy cold snowy conditions!
Typically people write more about the bad than good so I’ll list the good points first and go into a bit more detail on the bad points since it would be useful feedback for the owners.
1. Location is spot on, next door to a supermarket and a host of shops, takeaways, pubs and restaurants within in 1 minutes walk.
2. Car parking space was very handy
3. Apartment was clean and had all the mod cons we required (WiFi would have been nice but then you pay for what you get)
4. A book shelf was well stocked with local walking guides which was a great touch
5. Bed was very comfortable as was the other furniture.
The one gripe with the apartment was also linked to the time of year and weather outside - The rooms were all cold when we arrived and due to the storage radiators only charging up at night, we had no way of heating the bedrooms up on the first night. 11 degrees centigrade is too cold for a small baby to sleep so we needed to use extra blankets.
Nights 2-4 were fine after we cranked up all the storage heaters and used the electric fan heaters in the kitchen, bathroom and the electric fire in the living room. We didn’t need to use the second bedroom which was a good job because there was no radiator in the room so always remained cold.
The huge skylight in the main bedroom provided some welcome natural light however there are no blinds or curtains so you could feel the heat get sucked out of the room and I imagine the sunlight may be an issue in the summer when it gets light at 4am
We would definitely stay here again for the right price. LATRIGG, Hewetson Court, Keswick provided us with good quality, secure, basic accommodation at a good price in a great location.
The perfect base for a walking trip in the Lakes”
Off road parking
Pub/shop < 1 mile
Broadband / WiFi
Latrigg is centrally located in a quiet courtyard just off Keswick town centre, sleeping 4 it is a perfect base for couples or families looking for a central location with an abundance of amenities to hand. The apartment is within a 2 minute level walk to the bus station ideal for those who do not have a car.
Hewetson Court is a development of 25 apartments with private parking tucked away in a courtyard setting just 200 meters from the town centre. The popular market town of Keswick has a mixture of shops and restaurants, a cinema, golf, tennis and local parks are only a short walk as is the shore of Derwentwater with spectacular and dramatic scenery. Being centrally located the apartments area an ideal choice for those looking for a base from which to explore Keswick and the surrounding area on foot.
This second floor apartment provides attractive, well presented, cosy, comfortable accommodation with electric heaters and comprises:
Light and airy lounge/diner with electric fire, TV, DVD and CD player.
Kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge and washing machine.
Spacious double bedroom with TV, co-ordinated linens, scatter cushions and throw.
Fully tiled family Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
All electric, bed linen and towels included.
Towels are provided.
Travel Cot available.
Free Wi-fi available.
Sorry no highchair, however you welcome to bring your own or you may hire one from our office. Please call 017687 74060 to reserve.
Private parking for 1 car.
Second floor apartment in a development of 25. Two bedrooms: 1 x double bedroom with TV, co-ordinated linens and access to wardrobe. 1 x twin bedroom with two single beds. Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining table, four chairs. Electric heating throughout.
Free Wifi is fully accessible in all rooms
Kitchen fully equipped with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge and washing machine
Electric fire, TV, DVD and CD player in sitting room
Travel Cot available on request
Private parking for 1 car in private courtyard
200 metres from Keswick town centre
Centrally located to restaurants and shops
5 min walk to the shore of Derwentwater
Electricity and bed linen and towels included
Note: Max 4 people
Bassenthwaite 7 miles, Ullswater 20 minutes. Cockermouth 13 miles. The popular town of Keswick is the holiday centre of the North of the Lake District and has plenty to offer the visitor at any time of year. The town boasts numerous shops and restaurants to suit all tastes, as well as offering miniature golf, excellent parks, the famous Theatre by the Lake, a charming cinema, the Pencil Museum, a climbing wall, fishing and great mountain biking opportunities, whilst the beautiful lake of Derwentwater at the head of the stunning Borrowdale Valley is only a few minutes walk from the town centre. Nearby, between Braithwaite and Buttermere is the beautiful Newlands Valley, while picturesque Bassenthwaite Lake is well worth a visit. From a gentle countryside ramble to a challenging hike up Skiddaw or the famous Catbells, there really is something for everyone. Visit Castlerigg Stone Circle, the Jennings Brewery and Mirehouse, a grand house and gardens on the shores of the Bassenthwaite Lake, or take a fabulous boat trip around Derwentwater. With plenty of attractions for the kids, lovely parks and the nearby Lake District Wildlife Park this is a great Lakeland destination whatever the time of year.
This property offers the following short breaks: