Keswick, Cumbria & The Lake District
Show more (8)
- “Fantastic surprise”
- “I have just had a wonderful surprise weekend away for my Birthday, the house is in a great location just a 2 minute walk from all the amenities of Keswick.
The rooms are spacious and managed to fit 8 of us in comfortably. The property was immaculately cleaned and had all the home comfort you would expect.
Parking was easy at the side of the house and overall a great place for a lovely break.
cant wait to return.”
- “Home away from Home!”
- “Wordsworth house is superb! I can't understate this enough.
The house is in a brilliant location - walking distance to town, a swimming pool, local Booths, a number of outdoor activities and lovely restaurants.
The house in itself is prefect from a family trip - all the rooms are spacious, clean, and comfy!!! There are enough to facilities in the house to allow for a party of 8+ to get ready in the morning with no major fuss.
We also visited Wordsworth House with a large dog who really enjoyed himself watching the streets through the windows and the glass doors in the extension.
The only downside of our trip was that the beds aren't particularly comfortable - but then again that's a personal preference and it wasn't a huge issue.
We would definitely rebook the house again if holidaying in the Lakes with a large group!!”
- “Spacious cottage; quiet, yet close to all that Keswick has to of”
- “We have visited Keswick many times; Wordsworth House was a last minute break and a bargain because our half term dates were different to England's. The house was beautifully spacious and the views from the front bedrooms breathtaking. The kitchen was superb and there was plenty of room for the four of us. It was in a quiet back street but very close to Fitz Park and the road into Keswick. We love being able to walk to the shops and Derwent Water. The house was warm and the facilities excellent. It was very useful having the washer and tumble drier after a day in the hills.
We enjoyed days walking, a trip to Clip n Climb in Maryport which is great if it's a rainy day and got the bus to Carlisle.
The décor was neutral and the furnishings very tasteful. The beds were comfortable and there were TVs everywhere!! The only negative comment we could make is that the sofas in the lounge looked lovely but weren't very comfortable.
We had really good service from the rental company and would love to return.”
- “Great house made a great holiday”
- “I've said we went in April but can't quite recall what spring month we visited. The weather however was perfect and we came away from Keswick with sun tans.
The house is everything as described. The lounge had two very comfy large sofas, exactly what you want after a day on the fells.
Perfect family bathroom, spacious doubles and twins. The doubles had small but perfectly formed en-suite.
I love to cook, so the combination of a fantastic kitchen, well equipped with Booths supermarket in the town centre meant we all ate very well. The kitchen has two fridges which we found useful, one for food and one for drink! Kitchen also came complete with huge flat screen, Smart Tv as in the living room. We took our dog and she just loved looking out the double glass doors in the back entrance hall.
The houses is in an ideal location. Perfect for Latrigg, Walla Crag and further afield right out the door. A short walk on the flat and you're in Keswick town centre.
The house has a small boot/coat room that contains the washing machine and tumble drier.
If I could make one suggestion to improve the experience for me it would be to make the small outside terrace area secure and dog proof to enable the dog to go outside without a lead, this really is just nitpicking on my behalf though.”
- “Lovely Lakes Stay”
- “Fantastic property close to the centre of Keswick, excellent facilities and well equipped kitchen.”
- “Family holiday”
- “Had lovely family holiday here-comfortable, warm house.
Easy ,flat, walk into Keswick centre for older generation.
Teenagers will love all the flat screens and modern kitchen.
Kitchen table only has 6 chairs though cottage sleeps eight.
Settees in lounge need re arranging for sociability.
Lack of enclosed space outside is not ideal for dogs as patio is near road.”
- “attractive family house”
- “Very good double bedrooms. Kitchen good, though dining table strangely on view to passers by. Big sofas lumpy and uncomfortable and unusual (anti-social) long lounge with big TV.”
- “Felt like home from home”
- “Wordsworth House - what can I say! Fantastic location, central to all amenities, beautifully furnished and finished off to a high spec. It was exactly what we wanted and all eight of us felt so confortable there. The kitchen was a great entertaining area with so much space along with the fab views of the mountains from every room. Would definately return and recommend this property in the future.”
View All (5)
- “House only 5 min walk from centre of Keswick and was clean when we arrived. Utilities cupboard and dryer handy for wet boots and jackets. Kitchen well stocked with mugs, plates and pans etc. Would consider going back to this one!”
Off road parking
Garden / Patio
Pub/shop < 1 mile
Broadband / WiFi
Wordsworth House is a stunning 4 bedroomed town house situated in a central location only a short level stroll from the centre of Keswick. The cottage has been furnished and equipped to a very high standard with your every need catered for including a cosy wood burning stove perfect for those chilly evenings. Wordsworth House is an ideal base for large families or groups of friends. Guests are also very welcome to bring along pets.
Wordsworth House is a traditional stone built townhouse situated a short stroll from Keswick town centre. Keswick, the jewel in the crown of the northern lakes, offers guests the opportunity to enjoy the Lake District National Park with its unrivalled walking and breath-taking scenery. With its central location and easy access to all amenities, you are sure to enjoy an abundance of outdoor pursuits available from the door.
This delightful property has recently been refurbished to a very high standard. With its contemporary design and eye to detail, the owners have ensured that home comfort and relaxation is the key. Suitable for larger families or a group of friends, Wordsworth House provides a perfect base for a get-together, whatever the time of year. Perfectly located for evening strolls to Derwentwater and the Theatre by the Lake.
This gas centrally heated cottage comprises:
Cosy lounge with wood effect Karndene flooring, wood burning stove, wall mounted smart TV.
Large contemporary dining/kitchen, ideal for entertaining, with range style cooker incorporating electric oven and 5 ring gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, central island with breakfast bar and wall mounted smart TV.
Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
Utility room with washer/dryer.
French doors lead from the inner lobby out onto a private patio area
First Floor: Twin bedroom.
Luxury family bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Double bedroom with wall mounted TV and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
Second Floor: Double bedroom with wall mounted TV and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
Twin bedroom with wall mounted TV.
All gas, electric and bed linen and towels included..
No cot available or highchair available.
Free Wi-Fi available.
Private parking for 1 car, plus unrestricted on street parking.
Outside private patio.
Over three floors. Two first floor bedrooms: 1 x double en-suite, 1 x twin. Second floor 1 x double en-suite, 1 x twin. Family bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, hand basin and WC. Ground floor modern kitchen/dining area with utility. Cloakroom with WC and basin. Large cosy lounge with wood burning stove. Outside patio private parking space for 1 car.
Gas central heating
Gas range style cooker incorporating electric oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, Smart TV, Washing machine/dryer in Utility
Fuel and power inc. in rent
Bed linen and towels inc. in the rent
Private parking space for 1 car
2 x pets and no smoking
Shops, pubs and restaurants 5 mins walk.
Bassenthwaite 7 miles, Ullswater 20 minutes. Cockermouth 13 miles. The popular town of Keswick is the holiday centre of the North of the Lake District and has plenty to offer the visitor at any time of year. The town boasts numerous shops and restaurants to suit all tastes, as well as offering miniature golf, excellent parks, the famous Theatre by the Lake, a charming cinema, the Pencil Museum, a climbing wall, fishing and great mountain biking opportunities, whilst the beautiful lake of Derwentwater at the head of the stunning Borrowdale Valley is only a few minutes walk from the town centre. Nearby, between Braithwaite and Buttermere is the beautiful Newlands Valley, while picturesque Bassenthwaite Lake is well worth a visit. From a gentle countryside ramble to a challenging hike up Skiddaw or the famous Catbells, there really is something for everyone. Visit Castlerigg Stone Circle, the Jennings Brewery and Mirehouse, a grand house and gardens on the shores of the Bassenthwaite Lake, or take a fabulous boat trip around Derwentwater. With plenty of attractions for the kids, lovely parks and the nearby Lake District Wildlife Park this is a great Lakeland destination whatever the time of year.
This property offers the following short breaks: