Show more (7)
- “Excellent base”
- “Stayed here for nine days.
The appartment is absolutely first class and extremely well equiped.
Only yards away from the centre of Bownes.
The "local" John Peel Inn great for meals.
Didn't find size of toilet or shower room any problem.
Despite the closeness to the central area we were not bother by noise at all.
Would definately stay here if we returned to the area.”
- “Great location, ideal for short break”
- “Great place to stay for a short break, very central, pub & chip shop on door step, two minute walk to centre of Bowness. Compact accommodation, small hob, but oven, microwave, fridge & dishwasher. Toilet & shower both in small rooms, but not a problem. Living room spacious with comfy sofa for two to sprawl out. Plenty of storage in bedroom. Underfloor heating not very effective, but the heaters & stove in the rooms were plenty warm enough. Make sure you take your own towels, and put the hot water on as soon as you get there. Lovely apartment, would definitely stay here again, lovely New Year break”
- “Ideal location in the heart of Bowness.”
- “Quite surprised how close we were to all the amenities of Bowness and just two minutes from the lake with good parking. Very clean modern apartment, with a few stairs, for exercise. Good starting point for touring around the lakes. Excellent.”
- “Really great”
- “Apartment well appointed and being in easy reach of ferries meant not necessary to drive every day. Also good assortment of cafes and shops in easy reach. Very enjoyable stay Thank you”
- “Good location & lovely flat”
- “Upon arriving at the flat we were pleasantly surprised at the size of it and the fact it contained everything we needed for a weeks stay here, from an ironing board and iron to a dishwasher etc. There was a lovely comfy sofa and electric heater. The flat was definitely cosy. The view was lovely and the location could not get any better. Only a 2 minute walk to the first pub and the edge of town. The bathroom and toilet are separate from each other and are quite small, however they were fine for us. My compliments go to the owner of this holiday apartment as they have thought of everything and the interior is lovely. There was also a folder containing instructions for all appliances and informative leaflets of places to visit. My negatives: Personally for me there should be curtains up at the bedroom window as there is currently only a blind which lets in so much light from the lights across from the other flats and when it gets light in the mornings. I found it hard to sleep because of this. There are a lot of stairs to go up to get to the flat, about 6 flights and approx 6 steps on each flight. This was fine for us but for some people this may be an issue. My other negative would be that I put my suitcase on top of the wardrobe out of the way. When I took it down, there was so much dust on it, I could not believe. With holiday flats etc. everywhere should be dust free. The shower pipe also had a lot of black mould on it which kept coming off every time I washed my hair, so I cleaned most of it off whilst I was there.
We wanted to check out very early on the day of departure so my partner phoned Lakes Holiday Cottages the day before to find out where we could leave the keys. The lady at the office told us she would phone the owner of the flat to see if we could drop them round to them. Obviously we did not want to do this, disturbing somebody unnecessary, early on a Saturday morning. This would not be fair. I am sure people have checked out early before and wanted to leave the keys somewhere. In the end we dropped the keys through Lakes holiday letterbox and asked for them to email me upon receipt in which they kindly did.
We had a really good holiday here. It is an amazing, pretty place. We are not sure we would return to this flat due to the lack of sleep because of the light coming in the bedroom, but we would like to return if this changed because it is such a lovely flat.
We would definitely return to Bowness on Windermere.”
- “Brilliant location, great accommodation”
- “After a slightly shaky start (the info sheet we were sent had the incorrect address for the office where we needed to collect the apartment keys), we were pleasantly surprised by the location of the apartment - right in the middle of town and just a 2 minute walk from either a Co-Op or Tesco Express, so stocking up on supplies is never a problem. Lake Windermere is just a 5 minute walk away, and you can walk to the ferry crossing in about 20 minutes. The fact that there is a parking space/garage provided is an absolute godsend for such a busy tourist town. If you get tired of the touristy shops and fancy a bit of 'proper' retail therapy, Kendal is just 20 minutes away by car.
The apartment itself is bright, airy and surprisingly spacious. I was worried about feeling claustrophobic in a 3rd floor flat, but felt instantly at home. The apartment name is very apt as there is a lovely view over the tree tops towards the lake. While we were there we saw the Red Arrows fly down the lake - right out of the living room window! There are flats opposite, but you don't feel overlooked. We arrived on a Saturday and it was rather noisy that night due to the nearby proximity of a few busy pubs. Every other night we were there was, however, much quieter.
The living/dining room is very cosy, with large comfy sofa, TV, DVD player, stereo and (most importantly!) wi-fi. The kitchen (which gets the sun in the morning) is modern & functional with oven, microwave, hob, kettle & toaster, as well as all the cooking & dining equipment you'll need. The bedroom has a comfortable (if a little soft) bed, with a choice of duvets available (this was much appreciated as it was unseasonably warm during our early September stay). Iron, ironing board and hairdryer are also provided. The shower room is compact but well laid out, with a full-size shower cubicle and small sink. The separate toilet is, however, rather small, so I would imagine that anyone of a 'larger stature' might find it a bit of a squeeze.
The only real issue we had was that we did not realise that we had to turn the hot water on when we got there, so we returned from a 15-mile walk to no hot water for a shower!
Overall, we had a brilliant time and would not hesitate to stay in this apartment again. Clean, spacious and in an unbeatable location.”
- “Compact, Centrally Located and Ideal for a Short Break”
- “Our first impression on carrying our luggage up 30 plus steps was not good. However, this small apartment is really ideal for two (fit) people if they want good value accommodation for a few days.
Except for a dishwasher, washing machine (and firm pillows) everything else that we needed was there. It's a very quiet location and, except for the occasional loud motor biker, we enjoyed quiet nights.
We thought that the location was ideal ; it is in a quiet cul de sac but only a few minutes walk from the central part of Bowness with it's bustling shops, restaurants and pubs. There is even a good fish and chip shop just across the road.
We got a late booking discount so it was good value at the price we paid”
View All (2)
- “Excellent location for a base to day tour from with all the facilities locally on your door step.”