Catterlen, Cumbria & The Lake District
Show more (8)
- “Wonderful place to relax and recharge”
- “Just back from a four night break with my Husband at Daisy Cottage. I have to say the place was just perfect. Linda and Philip are most excellent hosts. The cottage has everything you need and more and on top of that it is spotlessly clean. We ended our trip with a wonderful breakfast next door at The Ginney Guest House - I didn't eat again until the evening!!! Thank you once again both for a most excellent stay.”
- “A Perfect Holiday - A Perfect Location - A Perfect Cottage!!”
- “Having just returned from Daisy Cottage, I just had to write a review so that others know what a fantastic little place it is.
We booked at the last minute as a pre-wedding honeymoon and it was a perfect location/property for that.
We were met by Linda, the owner, when we got onto the driveway and were given a quick tour of the cottage and left to get on with our break.
The cottage is brilliantly equipped and a great 'basecamp' for exploring the lakes - 15 mins drive to Ullswater, 30 mins to Keswick and about 40/50 to Ambleside.
Penrith is literally a 5 minute drive away and has a Morrisons and Booths supermarket, along with a Go Outdoors and a Mountain Warehouse.
We ate in most evenings as the cottage had a lovely kitchen and everything you need to cook a meal like you would at home.
We would highly recommend a visit to Daisy Cottage!”
- “Very clean and well presented . Plan to stay again soon”
- “We really enjoyed our stay. In fact it only rained on the last day!
Would recommend it to as a get away for couples”
- “Really enjoyable”
- “Had a lovely stay, very quiet and relaxing, a very warm welcome and close to the lakes and attractions.”
- “Absolutely fantastic”
- “My partner and I recently spent a week in the Lake District and in all honesty, we couldn't have had a more perfect break - thanks in no small part to our stay at Daisy Cottage.
The cottage itself was wonderful - impeccably clean, cosy and incredibly well-equipped (we cooked more during our stay than we have at home in the last month). The location, just outside of Penrith, means that it's very accessible (with the town centre and supermarket a five minute drive away) but quiet enough to be peaceful - which, coming from North London, we very much appreciated!
Linda and her husband were also very helpful, incredibly friendly and knowledgeable- we wouldn't have found Hadrian's Wall without them!
Overall, I can't recommend Daisy Cottage (and its parent guesthouse) enough... we'll definitely be back!”
- “It was exactly what we wanted, clean modern n very comfortable. In an ideal location near to everywhere we wanted to go to. The only thing that was not reliable was the weather in rained most days but we had our wellies.”
- “Daisy cottage was spotless, welcoming and relaxing”
- “The few days spent at Daisy Cottage was a wonderful, relaxing experience. The cottage was spotless with everything anyone would need and quiet. The cottage is far enough away for quiet tranqulility and close enough to lakes, walks, shops and pub if you fancy a quick drink.
All in all, a lovely place to stay and would definately be back.”
- “Everything you could want”
- “Great cottage in lovely surroundings just off the motorway. Fab central location for visiting many of the beautiful villages in and around Cumbria. Linda the host was fantastic very welcoming and the cottage was lovely and comfortable would most certainly stay there again.”
View All (3)
- “Bed not comfortable and creaks
Couch not comfortable at all.
Towel radiator above toilet so you got wet towels
About you when using the loo.
We had to go shopping to cleaning products
Dish washer tablets.
Make sure you park between the welcome sheep on the fence I was told this as soon as I arrived.
It’s not far from the m6 so at night you can hear traffic.
Very little wild life
Plenty of crows but not much else.
We both love the area as have been for a number of years
Will be back next year but To somewhere different.”
Off road parking
Ground floor accommodation
Ground floor bedroom
Garden / Patio
Broadband / WiFi
Daisy Cottage, a former byre, is now a luxurious contemporary ground floor cottage sleeping 2. Ideal for a romantic break at any time of year, Catterlen is a tranquil, rural hamlet close to Penrith. Ullswater and Keswick. The Scottish Borders, Hadrian's Wall and the central Lake District are all within easy reach.
Catterlen is a rural hamlet built around Catterlen Peel Tower dating back to 1460 which was built for defensive purposes, now the village is a tranquil setting for a romantic break away. Located just off the M6, 3 miles north of Penrith and within a 10 minute drive of Ullswater and 25 minutes drive to Keswick,
Daisy Cottage has been converted from a traditional cow byre on the owner's land formerly run as a farm which is now a country house guest house. The sandstone cottage is all ground floor and has been decorated and furnished in contemporary boutique style with every comfort to cater for a break at any time of the year. The cosy cottage has a welcoming, relaxing, ambience that is sure to be appreciated by couples looking for a romantic break in a rural location.
The cottage is heated by night storage heaters and comprises:
Open plan lounge/kitchen/diner with wall mounted flat screen TV and freeview, CD player, smoked glass wall mounted electric fire.
Kitchen with electric cooker with halogen hob, fridge with ice box, dishwasher and microwave.
Double bedroom with wall mounted flat screen TV/DVD player with freeview and luxurious en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
All electric, bed linen and bathroom towels provided.
Sorry no cot and high chair available.
Private patio and garden with furniture and rural views.
You may bring your own BBQ to use on the patio.
Free Wi-Fi available.
Complimentary welcome tray.
Please note children are not accepted at this property.
On one floor. 1 bedroom: 1 x double with Freeview TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living/kitchen/dining area with Freeview TV. Patio with garden and private parking.
Electric night storage heating
Electric oven and halogen hob, microwave, fridge with icebox, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, CD Player, wall-mounted electric fire, WiFi
Electric included in rent
Bed linen and towels included in rent
Private parking available
Private patio with garden and furniture – guests are welcome to bring their own BBQ
Sorry, no children or smoking
Complimentary welcome tray provided.
Keswick 17 miles; Carlisle 20 miles. The bustling market town of Penrith, once the capital of Cumbria, enjoys a central position between the Lake District and North Pennines and is ideally placed for taking in all that the region has to offer. Renowned for its wealth of specialist shops, the sandstone buildings of Penrith hide intriguing yards, lanes and alleyways, with a myriad of attractive cottages, gardens and little shops. With a wide choice of excellent pubs, hotels, restaurants and entertainment, Penrith also offers a museum, and Millennium Trails round the historic city streets. Within easy reach of the town is Rheged – an innovative visitor centre with shops, restaurants, exhibitions and a giant cinema screen showing educational and informative films. Brougham Castle (The Windsor of the North), Long Meg and her daughters (the 3rd largest stone circle in England) and the historic city of Carlisle are all a short drive away, as is the stunning scenery of both the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £50.