Thirlmere, Cumbria & The Lake District
Show more (3)
- “Peace and Birdsong”
- “We booked this first floor apartment a while ago and had not expected that I would be on crutches due to an ankle injury. However the stairs were not too many or too steep although some may find the cobbles a little tricky. We did have an initial problem with the hot water but helpful staff explained how to get the system working and things went well. This property suits those of us who like things quiet and gentle, the garden leads down to the lake and birdsong stats the day and ends the evening: owls, cuckoo and woodpecker. The hotel bar means everyone can have an evening drink and the Kings Head is just down the drive and serves good food. The property is well situated for exploring the Lake District without the crowds”
- “Great location for walkers”
- “I went to this beautiful location in mid September with my boyfriend. As we drove up to the property we were stunned by the natural beauty surrounding it.
The apartment itself is a good size. There is not much shelf space, but plenty to hang your things, as well as a separate room in the building opposite for your wet walking gear. There is a reasonable size living/dining/kitchen area, and a bathroom with shower/tub. The only downside was that the heating is not on much, and the flat was pretty cold a lot of the time(and it was pretty cold that week in Sept). As well as there is not heaps of hot water, not enough to fill the tub completely or have a longer shower/or two right after each other.
The views you see over the lake are stunning, but all you can see from the window facing it, is the back of the main house, but the small window to the back of the flat looks over the garden which is nice.
For those who loves walks. this was great area, from the main garden towards the lake(just around the main house) you have a path straight onto the walking paths around thirlmere lake itself. And you are within a 15min walk to helvellyn. And the owners of the property are more than happy to help, as well as serving food if you book in advance with them.
Its within great distance for driving to explore more of what the north has to offer to. Would definitely come back to the area, but perhaps book one of their other suites that overlook the lake.”
- “Quiet retreat near Keswick”
- “The property was exactly as described...the central heating was needed the weekend we were there and made the Hayloft very snug. Owners very helpful with getting wi-fi to work on our laptop...(don't expect 20mbs but fine for light surfing). Only concern was slight lack of cooking bits & pieces and cutlery could do with a really good clean. Idylic setting and good location.
- “This is a holiday cottage for those who enjoy a gentle, peaceful venue, with the added bonus of birdsong and other wildlife on site. The hotel bar means that an evening drink can be enjoyed by the whole group without the designated driver missing out. The management and staff are all friendly and helpful and any queries (hot water) dealt with. The hot water is fine once you understand the system.The hayloft is conveniently placed for easy access to all areas of the Lake District.”
Off road parking
Garden / Patio
Pub/shop < 1 mile
Broadband / WiFi
This one bedroom first floor apartment sleeping two is an ideal choice for a romantic getaway at any time of year, set in large shared grounds with lake frontage, you are sure to return to this cosy property.
Dale Head Hall is an ideal base to enjoy the beauty of this lovely part of the Lake District National Park, with the shore of Thirlmere just a few yards away, and the inviting slopes of Helvellyn rising majestically behind this is a perfect peaceful location from which to explore the area. Keswick is only a five minute drive away and Grasmere only ten minutes.
Care has been taken to retain many of the original features, yet fully equipped to meet with the needs of modern living. The Hall's Victorian Coach House has been carefully converted into luxury self catering apartments.
Set in a flower-laden cobbled yard, in the grounds of a luxury Lake District hotel surrounded by lush gardens leading down to the lakeshore, this is the ideal location for a relaxing break away from the day-to-day hustle and bustle.
The Hayloft is a first floor apartment with central heating and comprises:
Open plan lounge/diner with TV, DVD player, CD radio and dining area.
Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer and microwave.
Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
All electric, bed linen and towels provided.
Shared use of the extensive gardens and lake access.
Boot room for drying wet clothes.
Over one floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with shower over bath, sink basin, and WC. Lounge-diner. Fully equipped kitchen. Boot room for drying wet clothes.
Gas central heating
Electric oven/hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, TV, DVD player, CD player, radio
All electricity, gas, towels and bed linen included in rent
Laundry service available
Shared use of extensive gardens and lake access
Shops, cafes, pubs, restaurants, 5 mins drive
No pets allowed
Note: Max 2 adults
Bassenthwaite 7 miles, Ullswater 20 minutes. Cockermouth 13 miles. The popular town of Keswick is the holiday centre of the North of the Lake District and has plenty to offer the visitor at any time of year. The town boasts numerous shops and restaurants to suit all tastes, as well as offering miniature golf, excellent parks, the famous Theatre by the Lake, a charming cinema, the Pencil Museum, a climbing wall, fishing and great mountain biking opportunities, whilst the beautiful lake of Derwentwater at the head of the stunning Borrowdale Valley is only a few minutes walk from the town centre. Nearby, between Braithwaite and Buttermere is the beautiful Newlands Valley, while picturesque Bassenthwaite Lake is well worth a visit. From a gentle countryside ramble to a challenging hike up Skiddaw or the famous Catbells, there really is something for everyone. Visit Castlerigg Stone Circle, the Jennings Brewery and Mirehouse, a grand house and gardens on the shores of the Bassenthwaite Lake, or take a fabulous boat trip around Derwentwater. With plenty of attractions for the kids, lovely parks and the nearby Lake District Wildlife Park this is a great Lakeland destination whatever the time of year.
This property offers the following short breaks: