Show more (12)
- “Fab location, great for a family break”
- “We stayed for a long weekend at the beginning of November with our son and parents. Granary Nook is a comfortable, centrally located little gem. House was clean and well equipped. Very convenient for restaurants, shops and pubs in Windermere village. Ideal for a family with children. Pet friendly. Would recommend.”
- “Loved it.”
- “A super location right in the center of Windermere, it was great to be able to forget about the car for a few days.
We stayed for a weekend to enable us to discover more about the south lakes.
Granary Nook was so cosy and has a very efficient heating system. The house is extremely well decorated and very well equipped, especially the kitchen. We ate in on the Saturday night and were able to cook and serve up a meal very easily. The bedrooms are spacious and comfortable and the shower works a treat.
We just loved it and we shall certainly be booking again.”
- “Granary nook”
- “Stayed here for four nights early January. One adult and 3 children. Cosy warm and welcoming. Beds amazingly comfy and older two loved sleeping in the upper bedroom. Everything you need for a family break washing machine toys games dvd. Fab location lovely places to eat and drink close by. We loved fodder had great cocktails too. Thanks anne and dave xx”
- “Christmas weekend at Granary Knook”
- “I visited the cottage for a weekend stay with my wife, two children and dog.
The cottage is well presented with a homely feel.
The living room is spacious with a traditional cottage style kitchen with all the modern amenities.
The three bedrooms are spacious and well
decorated with very comfy beds.
The bathroom is large and again decorated to a good standard which is in keeping with the cottage and benefits from a nice shower and a boiler system that fills the bath with hot water.
To the rear of the cottage is a good size courtyard.
The cottage is situated in the centre of Windermere (just off the main high street) which is excellent should you wish to visit the town or local towns such as Bowness or Ambleside or spend time walking the hills of the Lake District.
Within Windermere town centre is a wide range of shops and boutiques with a nice children's park a short walk from the cottage.
The cottage is warm and comfy and we will definitely be returning having thoroughly enjoyed our stay.”
- “a cosy cottage”
- “just spent three days at the cottage with my husband and friends and our two little dogs.have stayed there before the cottage has had abit of a make over and is even better. its a very good base to stay in windermere for the lakes.the cottage is always warm and cosy and has everything you need.lookind forward to going again”
- “Fantastic holiday retreat”
- “We have just spent a magical few days at Granary Nook. I believe it has new owners and they have clearly spent a lot of money modernizing the place.
Its location provided the perfect base for exploring the town of Windermere & surrounding area.
The enclosed courtyard at the back was ideal for evening drinks and provided a safe area for the kids to play in.
We will definitely be going back.”
- “Great Location, Central to Windermere, newly refurbished with 2 Parking Permits”
- “We went up for the weekend as a family and really loved the house on 3 floors with 3 bedrooms, a spacious bathroom and a newly refurbished kitchen in Central Windermere. It was so convenient to be able to park on street (with house permit) outside and visit the local shops/ restaurants around the corner. Also you are within easy walking distance of Bowness and 5-10 minutes drive from lots of attractions”
- “Can't wait to visit again”
- “I do not think you could get a better location to stay in Windermere than Granary Nook. It is a quaint cottage style property tucked away in a quiet little corner like some sort of a secret hideaway, but step out of the front door & to the end of the little passageway & you are in the hub of Windermere, surrounded by cafe's bars, restaurant, souvenir shops & more.
The house is furnished to a high standard & carpets & much of the furniture seemed brand span king new & in immaculate condition. It was spacious enough to comfortable house 4 adults, a lively child & a pet.
We loved our stay & will definitely be re-visiting Granary Nook.”
- “Lovely Weekend break”
- “We’ve just got back from a lovely weekend at the Granary Nook. Set slightly back off the town centre but so quiet you’d think you were miles away from it. Plenty of restaurants and bars (we frequented the Pig). Lake Windermere was only a 20 mins walk and it’s downhill to reach it. Boat rides aplenty at reasonable prices, we took the blue tour (very good).
The nook itself Is very nicely decorated throughout with a quirky poppy theme in the kitchen area. The living area is large enough without getting under each other’s feet.
We didn’t get to sit in the garden mainly due to the time of year and also no key for the back door.
All in all a very pleasant and well maintained property.”
- “Great location”
- “We've recently returned from a short stay in Granary Nook, Windermere. had a lovely stay. The accommodations best assets is its location. Just off the main high street which has plenty of bars restaurants and grocery stores. The cottage it's self was perfectly adequate for our stay. Very quaint and although the word Nook is in the title it was surprisingly spacious. 2 double rooms and a single. lounge, kitchen and 1 bathroom all over 3 stories. Also a little enclosed courtyard which was perfect for letting the dog out. Yes they also take dogs so our 4 legged friend also enjoyed her stay. Although the courtyard has no grass, there is a park area very close to the house so it was no bother to pop here along there.
Granary Nook is just down a little walkway from the street and was very quiet. We heard nothing from the main road or any neighbours. I will say the it could do with a little spruce up. There is some damp in a few rooms. I know this is an very old property so I guess it's an awkward problem to solve. It is nothing serious though and didn't bother us, we were just glad to be able to take our dog away. And in a couple of areas the carpets are stained or damaged.
Dogs must stay on the ground floor which is the entry, kitchen and lounge. This was fine for our dog as she's not aloud upstairs at home.
There is a parking permit provided and we always managed to find a parking space relatively close to the property.
As we had quite a drive to get up to Windermere we arrived very late. About 1am. The rental company is located in Windermere town and we were able to pick up our keys from their lockbox. They could not though leave the parking permit in the lock box as they said another guest might take it!!! This I couldn't understand, They should just put it in a larger sealed envelope with the house keys. We had to get up early the next morning to go and collect the permit from their office in business hours. I didn't have a good sleep the first night as I was worried the traffic warden would come along early and put a parking ticket on the car. Just a little thing but please issue permit with keys or leave permit in the property as we requested.
When we arrived they property lights were on as was the heating so that was welcoming. We did struggle to find a comfortable heat though. Most of the time it was just way to warm inside, I dare say if we had stayed a couple of days longer we would have found what setting to put the thermostat on. No worries about being chilly.
One other thing, We were told to find the bakery and the walkway is beside that however the bakery has gone and is now just an empty shop so we drove around a couple of times before we realised this.
We had a very pleasant stay and would be happy enough to return sometime in the future.”
- “Central location in the heart of Windermere”
- “The service we received was fantastic. The cottage was welcoming and quaint, although a hinge on the kitchen door was loose and we had to tighten the screws to stop the door falling off. The rooms were lovely and the shower worked perfectly as well as the heating for those cold wet days. The garden is small, btu seating is plentiful, but small dogs like my little Yorkie could get under the gate if left unattended so make sure to be outside with your dog at all times. That said, he really enjoyed his first holiday :-)
The cottage is centrally located in windermere, seconds away from the Co-op and other local shops for those essentials. Plenty of cafes and takeaways nearby and a lovely park for early morning dog walks along the road. We really enjoyed walking up Orrest Head - the start of it being only 5 minutes away from the cottage. We had no problems with finding a parking space using the permit.
There were builders working on a building very close by, but we are early birds so their noise didn't effect us at all.
One thing I would say is that the guest folder containing info about the cottage is out of date, the inventory dated back to 2008!!! An up to date version would have been good.”
- “Ideal location and a pleasant property”
- “We chose this property and location for the public transport links, you can get almost everywhere by bus(so no need to worry about not having a car), its just a short walk down to bowness on windermere, for the ferries/boats, the property it self is lovely and quiet, more than enough room for 5 people and a pet, the cleanliness is up there with the best, parking can be a pain but not a problem,there is 2 mini supermarkets within a minutes walk, a butchers and a supermarket about 5-10 mins up the road. So if you plan going to the lake district by public transport this is the property for you”
- “Great cottage in a fantastic location close to lots of amenities in Windermere. The car parking permit was also a bonus. The cottage was cosy and the outside space a real bonus with 2 dogs. We had a great time, the cottage had everything we needed and we hope to return.”