Keswick, Cumbria & The Lake District
Show more (3)
- “Just stayed at Fountain Cottage with my daughter and friends for a weekend. We were with a walking group so there was loads of lovely walks, the cottage was close to town so it was a great base to start off from. The cattage was very clean and had everything you needed to make our stay perfect. Lovely place yes would recommend this very large cottage.”
- “Fantastic, close to town, one car park space.”
- “Fantastic weekend in Fountain Cottage - Kitchen had everything we needed, lovely sitting room with ample chairs,tables, TV, games and brill Wifi connection. Only one Bathroom which is on the next floor but a lovely size with a fab shower then a very large double and twin bedroom and then the attic space holds another space with twin beds - stairs are quite steep so just take your time . Cottage has its own car space but is quite tight but it's fine and very handy use the back lane to the far left of the cottage as you look at it from the front and its then behind the large blue gate (not the lane closest to the cottage). The views from all rooms are beautiful , river greta is just outside the cottage as you start to walk into Keswick which is a nice 5-10 min walk, lake is then another 15 mins but longer as there is to much to see on the way...........
Can not wait to go back and just hope I can stay at Fountain Cottage.”
- “Nice house close to centre of town”
- “Nice house with three good sized bedrooms. Kitchen had everything you needed, would recommend you take a sharp knife though. Living room now have two sofas which were very comfortable. Heater in living room very effective, got cool at night due to stone floors throughout the ground floor which were lovely. There is no garden to speak of. There is a large yard at the back that you share with three other houses. Large enough for 4 of us to sit out, but took our own camping chairs. 100 yards away is access to River Greta where children could play in the water. Pebbly beach area as well. Parking is in the the back yard, requires a bit of reversing in relatively tight space, but do-able if you take your time. Great location for the town less than 5 minutes to the shops. Great for food - chip shop, Thai restaurant, Indian restaurant, 2 x Chinese restaurants, Italian and pizza all on the same street leading to the town with take aways available and The Pheasant Inn on Crossthwaite Road 5 minutes walk or less in the opposite direction of town. Didn't eat there but food looked really good and smelt fabulous. Will eat there next time I'm in Keswick! Also recommended after I'd returned was the Dog and Gun pub, famous for it's goulash. Another one for me to try.”
View All (3)
- “Absolutely lovely cottage but it doesn't have a garden and I think that should be more clear.”
Off road parking
Garden / Patio
Pub/shop < 1 mile
Broadband / WiFi
A cosy cottage situated in the popular town of Keswick, this cottage is an ideal retreat for a family or a group of friends wishing to explore Keswick town centre and the surrounding areas with many restaurants, shops and access to Derwentwater close by.
Keswick is a superb market town with a wide selection of shops, pubs, restaurants and visitor attractions which are open all year round. For those of you who love the great outdoors the town is adorned with some of the most breathtaking scenery in the Lake District, the fells and peaks are out there just waiting to be explored.
A delightful cottage located close to the River Greta and within walking distance of Keswick town centre. Fountain Cottage has been furnished and equipped to a high standard. It is quaint, characterful and spacious with an exceptionally loving homely feel.
The cottage is gas centrally heated and comprises:
Open plan living area with slate flagged flooring comprising of lounge with electric stove effect fire, TV, blue ray DVD player, X box games console, and a selection of board games, books and films.
Dining area with characterful beams and slate flooring.
Kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer and breakfast bar with seating.
First floor: Master double bedroom with built in wardrobes, co-ordinated fabrics and views over the river to the fells.
Twin bedroom with views to the fells.
Family bathroom with shower over bath, WC and hand basin.
Second floor: Attic bedroom with twin beds and stunning views to the nearby fells. (Please note the staircase to the second floor bedroom is steep and is not suitable for very small children or the elderly.)
All gas, electric, bed linen and towels provided.
Private parking for 1 car.
Small front cottage garden.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x master double room on 1st floor, 1 x twin room on 1st floor, 1 x twin on 2nd floor. Bathroom with shower over bath, WC and basin on the 1st floor. Kitchen. Dining area. Sitting room with fireplace and electric stove effect fire.
Gas central heating with electric stove effect fire
Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, TV, Blue Ray DVD player, XBox games console, a selection of books, board games, and films
Fuel and power inc. in rent
Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, cot and highchair available, private parking for 1 car, small front cottage garden, 2 well-behaved dogs welcome
Pub within walking distance
Note: Max 6 adults.
Bassenthwaite 7 miles, Ullswater 20 minutes. Cockermouth 13 miles. The popular town of Keswick is the holiday centre of the North of the Lake District and has plenty to offer the visitor at any time of year. The town boasts numerous shops and restaurants to suit all tastes, as well as offering miniature golf, excellent parks, the famous Theatre by the Lake, a charming cinema, the Pencil Museum, a climbing wall, fishing and great mountain biking opportunities, whilst the beautiful lake of Derwentwater at the head of the stunning Borrowdale Valley is only a few minutes walk from the town centre. Nearby, between Braithwaite and Buttermere is the beautiful Newlands Valley, while picturesque Bassenthwaite Lake is well worth a visit. From a gentle countryside ramble to a challenging hike up Skiddaw or the famous Catbells, there really is something for everyone. Visit Castlerigg Stone Circle, the Jennings Brewery and Mirehouse, a grand house and gardens on the shores of the Bassenthwaite Lake, or take a fabulous boat trip around Derwentwater. With plenty of attractions for the kids, lovely parks and the nearby Lake District Wildlife Park this is a great Lakeland destination whatever the time of year.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute