“A couple of areas for improvement:
- cottage needs a deep clean - we had to clean bathroom and kitchen (including crockery and cutlery, and cupboard shelves) as traces of previous occupants obvious - picture frames, skirtings, tops of door frames, tops of cupboards, light fittings and shades all lined with dust
- far too many artificial flower arrangements - all of the covered in dirt
- very heavy winter-weight duvets on beds - not good in summer!”
- despite staying two weeks no offer from owner to give us fresh bed linen or towels mid-stay - no tumble-drier and outdoor washing-line too short to launder and dry what we had ourselves
- information about surrounding area very scant, with some of the tourist brochures etc going back to 2008 - we binned the old ones and replaced with 2019 versions
- published as a cottage for four so there were exactly 4 forks, 4 knives, 4 spoons, 4 teaspoons etc - having to wash up between every course or drink to be able to use the same knife was a real drag so we bought some cheap cutlery to supplement
Seems like owner does the very bare minimum to satisfy her own listing - but, frankly, not good enough for the money.